Field Service Technician (Copiers / Printers / Facsimiles / Scanner- Services)
325 Grand Ave. Des Moines, IA 50309 | 515.283.2451
The Field Service Technician demonstrates a high level of proficiency in performing all activities associated with installing, servicing and maintaining a wide range of Multifunctional products. This position requires excellent computing skills, networking knowledge, systems integration and software troubleshooting as well as excellent electromechanical troubleshooting and repair skills. All aspects of revenue generating functions such as billable estimate services, GMA sales, billable labor, and parts/supplies are part of the Field Product Specialist responsibilities.
Dimensions of Position:
- Maintains high level of equipment up time through knowledge of products, customer requirements, and functional knowledge of equipment with customer application(s) and use.
- Successfully completes Computer-based and Instructor training programs and keeps current with applicable technologies through formal and informal education.
- Receives technical guidance from and supports all other Field Service technicians. Works directly with senior staff at customer site or in other settings as required.
- Contributes to revenue growth through solicitation and sales of billable parts, labor, GMA’s and other programs including supplies, etc. Provides added value to customer through recommendation of billable estimating services and other means: parts, supplies, etc.
- Adheres to all company mandated safety regulations and informs customers and/or internal staff of any and all concerns.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Specialization in electromechanical, electronic and computer hardware/software or equivalent background preferred.
- The position requires that you have an A+ certification OR are willing to become A+ certified.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Operating Systems and programs. MAC OS is a plus.
- Prefer that you have experience in technical service and customer relations for complex business equipment and systems such as printer, copier or facsimile, LAN, and telecommunications.
- Ability to determine peripheral communication device parameters.
- Working knowledge of LAN operations.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal and observation skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment in the areas of products and technology, customer personalities and customer knowledge levels.
- Ability to transport/lift up to 35 lbs.
- Overtime work or stand-by services will be required as determined by customer requirements.
- Compensation based on experience and qualifications
- Willing to train the right individual
Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement Savings Plan, Flex Spending, Paid Holidays, Short and Long Term Disability, Sick time and 2 weeks paid vacation after 1 year of Service
This position will cover a territory in Eastern Iowa. Job requires traveling from one client’s location to the next on a daily basis. A valid driver’s license is required. Transportation, tools, training and parts will be provided.
Please send resume’ to M.Halsrud@KochOfficeGroup.com
Or fax to 515-244-8396